Sponsor’s SOS – We need YOU! So what does a sponsor DO? There is nothing difficult about being a sponsor, but there are several important things that you DO need to be willing to do
Here is how to get started:
- First and always, pray, Thank God for YOUR Emmaus Experience, and then ask for His guidance in seeking out new candidates who not only love God but who loves His people and want to find ways to serve Him in their church community.
- When you feel that heavenly “nudge”, Pray for that person, and then talk to him or her about Emmaus and its purpose.
- Become a “Fisher of Men!” Be excited. Get them interested! Then, find out if they can set aside that weekend to spend time approaching God in a way, unlike any typical church retreat they have ever been a part of!
- Only then, help them fill out the paper application, by downloading from our website. You should fill out the paper application together! Most Pilgrims have questions. You should be with him or her to answer the questions and to be sure that all the information is filled in. Also please be
SUREthat their email is printed clearly, or I won’t be able to send them the confirmation!
- Send in the application – you can either do this online including making an online payment or mail it and the deposit to the address at the bottom of the application. Many people like to email me a copy of the application, and then send the original and the deposit to the PO Box. IMPORTANT TIP: It is a good idea to make a copy or take a picture of the application just in case it gets lost or damaged in the mail. It saves having to go back and get it all filled out again!
- Once I receive the application, I will send both you and your pilgrim an email letting you know that your pilgrim has been accepted (or not).
- I will also email YOU a packet with a step by step guide to everything you need to do for your Pilgrim’s weekend, including a sample letter request and a timeline of every place you need to be on the weekend, along with the times and the addresses for these locations.
*Remember that I am always available to help you with any sponsorship questions or issues that may come up.